Before starting a new Seed Pod Kit, you’ll want to clean your garden for a fresh start. Do Not throw away your filter by accident! It's easy to do when removing plant roots.
Start by dismantling your garden:
Roots can grow into the filter, so be sure to clean it out and reinstall. If the filter looks too worn, replace the filter to prolong the life of your pump.
While you are doing maintenance on your garden, you may want to consider using Airstones. This will give your plants an oxygen boost for better growth! Note: Airstones are for use in all aerator/bubbler models.
After each planting, you should clean and sanitize your AeroGarden using the AeroGarden Hydroponic No-Rinse Cleanser to reduce the risk of root pathogens that can destroy your crop. Browse our collection of indoor plant accessories for more tools to help clean your garden before planting.
- Fill the bowl with water and add ¼ cup of chlorine bleach
- Let the water pump or aerator circulate the bleach solution for 5 minutes
- Empty the bleach solution, rinse well, and then fill with clear water (no bleach)
- Allow the pump or aerator to circulate the clear water for 5 minutes
- Empty and rinse once more to ensure that all bleach is rinsed from bowl
Or without bleach:
Add 5 cups of distilled white vinegar (instead of ¼ cup chlorine bleach) and follow instructions above.