- 2 cups AeroGarden grown kale leaves, stems removed and torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup fresh AeroGarden grown basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (Can also use cashews or pistachios)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a food processor or blender, combine the kale, basil, and salt. Pulse until the leaves are finely chopped, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running. Blend in the walnuts and garlic, then add the cheese and pulse to combine. Toss with your favorite pasta, add to a green sandwich, substitute it for tomato sauce on pizza, or enjoy it as a dip with some cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes!
If you don't have kale on hand, check out our classic Basil Pesto Recipe.
Grow your own!