If you're looking for ways to integrate plants into your home, take a cue from NYC party planner Marcy Blum, who knows how to turn a breakfast buffet into a plant-filled affair. She had some fun giving her space a boho vibe with a “Please come have brunch in my winter garden“ theme. The hanging plants gave it a retro feeling, while beautifully potted plants tucked into every nook and cranny brought all kinds of greenery indoors.
Here are her tips for creating a verdant buffet of your own.
"Buffet tables for brunch at home are most fun when they are eclectic and cheerful!"
How to Create a Plant-Filled Buffet
Buffet tables for brunch at home are most fun when they are eclectic and cheerful! Here's what to do, in Marcy's words:
- Use the most colorful bowls and platters you own, mix wood and ceramic and glass
- Roll the silverware in pretty patterned napkins and place on buffet to add even more color
- Mix the various planter colors and the plant varieties
- Professional chefs always lay out the platters and bowls they will be using and label them for each dish they are cooking so there’s no chaos when you want to serve
- We parked a pretty “serve-yourself” bar cart next to the buffet with a vintage crystal decanter, pots of herbs, and the very graceful Greendigs watering pot as well as showcased some of the pretty GreenDigs Propagating pieces
- We gifted a few of our favorite small plants to friends as a thank you and used the pretty copper Greendigs markers rather than wrapping or a gift card, they were very much appreciated
Style It Up
Why stop at the buffet when there are so many creative ways to style your plants?