Bacon Wrapped, Basil Stuffed Shrimp!
Deliciously easy recipe!
Yes! Bacon Wrapped Shrimp!
This savory appetizer is sure to please almost EVERYONE. Plus it is so easy and calls for a simple list of ingredients.
The fresh basil grown from your AeroGarden will give this a gourmet taste and an elevated visual appeal.
Out of basil? Don’t worry, basil grows really fast and ready for harvest in just a couple of weeks.
There are several basil seed pod kit options to choose from.
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 lb large shrimp
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
16 pieces bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix olive oil and crushed red pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by cutting a slit along the back and gently pressing open.
- Combine basil, Parmesan and garlic in a small bowl. Place basil mixture evenly in shrimp openings; press shrimp closed.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice bacon, and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush infused olive oil over shrimp and bake for 8 to 9 minutes.