Thanks to one of our new AeroGardeners, we now have an amazing recipe that features AeroGarden grown Basil. Yum!
If you want to try a fresh new twist on the classic blueberry muffins, then this is a must try recipe.
- 1 Whisked Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1.5 Cup Pancake mix
- 1 tbsp Chopped AeroGarden Basil
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1Tsp orange zest.
Dry Pancake Mix Substitute (If no pancake mix on hand)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons sugarUse 1.5 cups of this mixture as the pancake mix above
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Prep your pancake mix if you don't have any. Add the wet ingredients and orange zest into the dry mix. Fold in chopped basil and blueberries. Fill the muffin cups.
- Optional* To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
You can buy our Basil Seed Pod Kits Here
Inspiration & photo credit to Erika Brugh