Optional Fairly Long Video Title Here
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley - Grown in your AeroGarden
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage - Grown in your AeroGarden
- 4 cups cubes butternut squash (peeled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 6 cups organic chicken broth
- Fresh bread, torn into pieces
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- For soup:
- Melt butter with oil in large pot over medium-high heat and add the onions, parsley, and sage. Sauté until onions are softened, about 3 minutes, then add the squash and salt. Cook until the squash has softened and onions are golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, stir for 1 minute, then add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is very soft, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, work on the bread crumbs. Cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture in blender or with an immersion blender. You might have to do it in batches, and be careful not to burn yourself. Return the soup to the pot and thin with broth if too thick. Season with pepper and salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Place bread in processor; blend until slightly coarse. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes, then add breadcrumbs and sage. Cook until crumbs are crisp, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
More of what you loveMore of what you love
Explore helpful tips and flavorful recipes to keep you growing and inspired.