With a trove of summertime cherry tomatoes, this vinaigrette offers endless possibilities to make your summer steak POP, add flavor to grilled vegetables and make an even healthier omelette.
- 2 cups AeroGarden grown cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (or more) red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Cut 1 cup of the cherry tomatoes in half. In a medium saucepan heat 1 tablespoon oil and add the shallots and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add ALL the tomatoes and cook 4-6 minutes or until they begin to release juice, then lightly mash with a spoon.
Add vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature and add fresh chives just before serving.