Recipe by Jason Goldstein
Avocado toast has become an essential meal in many people's' lives, including ours. It's quick, easy, delicious, filling...we could go on. Being members of the Avocado Toast Fan Club, we love to experiment different toppings. This Herby Avocado Toast recipe is one of our favorites - make it for breakfast, make it for lunch, make it for dessert! As always, we encourage using fresh herbs from your AeroGarden to achieve maximum tastiness.
This recipe makes 2 pieces of toast.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 handful parsley (do not chop)
- ½ lemon
- 5 basil leaves (do not chop)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 slices bread
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a bowl smash avocado, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix in lemon juice and parsley. Set aside to use later.
- Oil both sides of 2 slices of bread and heat in a pan on medium-heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Take out and add avocado mixture to both slices of bread. Top with basil and tomatoes and enjoy!
Click here to discover a delicious recipe in action!