Check out this quick and easy pepper-basil dip recipe! It is excellent as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread. Plus, you can use fresh herbs and veggies from your AeroGarden!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained (better yet, roast your own peppers! See Recipe)
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
PREPARATION (Makes 2½ cups)
- With processor running, drop garlic through food chute; process until minced.
- Add basil; process 5 seconds until chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Serve at room temperature.