Optional Fairly Long Video Title Here
You have heard of sautéed spinach, but have you ever heard of sautéed kale? This quick and easy sautéed kale recipe makes for an excellent nutrient-rich side dish or appetizer. These greens contain plenty of vitamins, fiber and powerful antioxidants that are great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy!
- 8 cups (packed) kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped - any variety of kale will do, go with your favorite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cups chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or fresh minced garlic and salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then toss in the kale. Cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in smoked paprika, crushed red pepper and garlic; sprinkle with salt. Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired. Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve. Goes great with poultry or even with some eggs for breakfast!
Essential AeroGardening Tools
Find more great items to help you grow.
More of what you loveMore of what you love
Explore helpful tips and flavorful recipes to keep you growing and inspired.