For this Mother's day we decided to try a fun, unique DIY craft- Bath Bombs. They are a ton of fun to make and satisfying to drop into the bath. These petal-laden bath bombs are exploding with essential oils, and our very own Calendula flowers. So grab your Mom or a friend and get ready to get your hands dirty making these unique, relaxing, and entertaining bathroom essentials.
- 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Epsom Salts
- 1/4 Cup Citric Acid
- 1/2 Tsp Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 5-10 Drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1/4 Cup Dried Calendula Petals
- Bath Bomb Molds
*Makes 3-6 Bath Bombs (depending on size of mold)
- Gather two bowls. In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. In the other bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly pour the liquid mix over the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Test the texture by grabbing a handful and squeezing. If it holds, then move on. If too wet or dry add additional baking soda or water until desired firm consistency. *Note-do not overdue extra water-it will cause an early fizzy reaction, and the bath bombs will not form to the mold properly.
- Add Calendula petals and mix with hands.
- Fill each side of the molds, making sure there is no extra space.
- Add a little extra to one half of a mold, and then firmly press the two halves together for 10-30 seconds.
- Gently pull off the molds, one half at a time, and place on wax paper to dry for 24 hours.
- Drop into your warm luxurious bath, and enjoy the fizzle of your hand-made bath bomb.