Optional Fairly Long Video Title Here
Stuffed bell peppers are always a crowd favorite, and can be stuffed with virtually anything. Sometimes the best stuffed peppers are used with everything leftover in the fridge! Here is one of our favorite stuffed pepper recipes that feature peppers and herbs that can be grown in your AeroGarden!
- 6 large Bell Peppers – Grown in your AeroGarden
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whole chopped Yellow Onion
- 6 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley – Grown in your AeroGarden
- 3 – 5 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2/3 cup Cooked White Rice (Cook in broth for added flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika Powder
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Cup Canned Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/4 Pounds Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Egg
- Prep everything, including cooking the rice and ground beef.
- Cut the tops off the pepper, leaving as much of the bottom intact as possible. Scoop and discard the seeds and stem and chop remaining pepper tops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onions, parsley, garlic, and chopped pepper pieces. Sauté until onions soften, about 8 – 10 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Mix in the rice, paprika, salt, pepper, and allspice. Let cool, then mix in 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, then the beef and egg.
- Fill pepper cavities with the mixture and stand each peppers in a heavy large pot. Pour remaining 1/2 cup of tomato sauce around peppers and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer 20 minutes, until peppers are tender and filling is cooked through and firm. Spoon some sauce over each pepper while cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!