Recipe by Jason Goldstein
Let's talk about elevated comfort food. You know: when you take a comfort classic and spice it up a bit to make it more unique. Our favorite take on elevated comfort food is the Caprese Grilled Cheese. It truly ups the grilled cheese game, offering a whole new world flavor to the classic sandwich. Plus, it is an easy, delicious way to use basil grown in your AeroGarden!
This recipe makes 2 sandwiches.
- 1 beefsteak tomato (sliced)
- 1 mozzarella ball (sliced)
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 4 slices of bread
- Spread mayo on both sides of 2 slices of bread.
- Add a few slices of mozzarella to a piece of bread, then top with slices of tomato. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano on the tomato slices, then top with basil leaves.
- Add a few more slices of mozzarella to the other slice of bread.
- Place on medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat for second grilled cheese, then enjoy!
Click here to discover a delicious recipe in action!