Top Tips for Great Growth
Here are just some of the ways to receive the best results while using your AeroGarden.
- If mixing different types of Seed Pods together in one garden, remember to prune faster growing plants from the top, so the Light Hood remains at the lowest position until all plants are well established.
- Tomatoes should not be mixed with other plants, as they spread out substantially as they grow. Other smaller plants will not get enough light and nutrient to grow well with tomatoes.
- As your plants grow, you may see some dead or brown leaves, especially at the lower part of the plant. This is perfectly normal. Remove these leaves with clean scissors or pinch them off with your fingers.
- Top Tips for Great Growth
- Set your Light Hood/Grow Lights to the lowest position when starting a new Seed Pod Kit.
- Always keep your Grow Lights as close to your plants as possible, taking care to trim back the tallest plants so they do not actually touch the Grow Lights. As they mature, plants should be 1 - 2 inches below Grow Lights.
- Replace your CFL Grow Lights every 6 months for maximum growth and harvests. LED Grow Lights have a 3 - 5 year life span.
- Be brave enough to prune. Pruning promotes greater health, larger harvests, and more beautiful plants.
- Plants will grow into each other's space and block light. To keep all plants in your garden healthy, trim back the leaves from the sides of the plant.
- Harvest frequently to maintain a healthy garden, but take no more than 1/3 of any plant at a time.
- For best growth, keep water level near the fill line. Don't wait for the ‘Add Water' alert!
- AeroGarden plants love a fresh water bath! For extra care, you may empty the water out of your bowl every other feeding time (once monthly) and refill with fresh cool water and then add nutrients.
- 1. Adding Water
- Add water to "Fill To Here" indicator located under the Water Port flap.
- Use room temperature tap water or bottled distilled water. Do not use well water which may interfere with our nutrients, or softened water, as it contains levels of sodium usually harmful to plants.
- The 'Add Water' reminder alert will appear on the control panel when the water level is low. For best results, keep the water level topped up to the fill line at all times.